We need you!
Are you are passionate about the natural environment? Would you like to share this passion with others, learn new skills and meet like-minded individuals? Then join Torbay Coast and Countryside Trust’s volunteer team!
As a Trust volunteer, you will have training opportunities, your travel costs can be refunded and any equipment and clothing that you need can be provided.
Volunteer roles range from:
- Practical conservation management and horticulture work of the 1800 acres of farmland, woodland, country park and gardens that the Trust manage.
- Working in one of our visitor centres; a vital role in promoting the Trust to the public and providing a service to our visitors and users. Each centre offers the opportunity to learn about a different site, its heritage, environment and wildlife and to communicate this to visitors.
- Animal Care at Occombe Farm's small holding including pigs, sheep, cattle, chickens and two alpacas. Volunteers can help with the daily feeding and mucking out and the regular Feed the Animals event which is very popular.
- Assisting with events and help to raise funds to maintain and improve the special places that the Trust cares for. Friends groups help organise these activities and support the volunteers. There are active Friends groups for Cockington Country Park and Berry Head.
- Spreading the word about Torbay coast and Countryside Trust by distritbuting leaflets and pin badges across Torbay
Please click here for a Current list of our volunteering opportunities.
If you would like to apply for a volunteering opportunity at any of our sites, please complete the form below and either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Torbay Coast and Countryside Trust, Occombe Farm, Preston Down Road, Paignton, TQ3 1AT.
We like to meet all volunteers before they commence their volunteering and all volunteers will have to undertake an induction programme.