Are you are passionate about the natural environment? Would you like to share this passion with others, learn new skills and meet like-minded individuals? Then join Torbay Coast & Countryside Trust’s volunteer team!
As a Trust volunteer, you will have training opportunities, your travel costs can be refunded and any equipment and clothing that you need can be provided.
There are a whole range of volunteer roles:
- Practical conservation management and horticulture work across the 1700 acres of farmland, woodland, country park and gardens that the Trust manage.
- Working in one of our visitor centres; a vital role in promoting the Trust to the public and providing a service to our visitors and users. Each centre offers the opportunity to learn about a different site, its heritage, environment and wildlife and to share our stories with visitors.
- Animal Care at Occombe Farm’s small holding including pigs, sheep, cattle, chickens and two alpacas. Help with the daily feeding, mucking out and our regular Feed the Animals events. THIS IS FULLY BOOKED AT THE MOMENT BUT PLEASE DO WATCH THIS PAGE FOR FUTURE AVAILABILITY.
- Assisting with events and help to raise funds to maintain and improve the special places that the Trust cares for. Friends groups help organise these activities and support the volunteers. There are active Friends groups for Cockington Country Park and Berry Head.
- Spreading the word about Torbay Coast & Countryside Trust by distributing leaflets.
Please click here for a Current list of our volunteering opportunities.
If you would like to apply for a volunteering opportunity at any of our sites, please complete the form below and either email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to Torbay Coast and Countryside Trust, Occombe Farm, Preston Down Road, Paignton, TQ3 1AT.
Start your application
Passionate about the natural environment…
We like to meet all volunteers before starting with us and all volunteers have to undertake an induction programme.