Our Plan for Occombe Farm
We started planning the regeneration of Occombe over four years ago. We wanted to create a great and fun place to visit that would also generate funds towards our charitable work across Torbay.
The big makeover – phase one
Phase one was completed in September 2019. This involved massive improvements to Occombe Farm Cafe including: increasing floor space through a new extension; new toilet facilities; and a fresh contemporary internal makeover. Read more>
the big change – phase two
To create a brand new local food shopping hub, to showcase the best that Devon and the West Country has to offer. Occombe Farm Shop opened in August 2021.
We promise a very special, local shopping experience; one where you’ll be able to buy milk from a dispenser, wholefoods by weight and and a fantastic range of products made, even grown, on our doorstep. Across our product selection, we have looked to minimise single-use plastics and incorporate refillables and recycling.
the big plan – phase three
Occombe Farm Park & Play opened in March 2022. The new visitor attraction incorporates a mix of indoor and outdoor play, animal encounters barn and animal paddocks trail.
A Summary of the New Development Proposal
- New farm visitor attraction with farm animals and indoor barn for small and young animals;
- An innovative countryside themed play barn, with adventure play for children, incorporating a new party room;
- Bigger and better farm shop with a range produce and quality gifts sourced from across Devon and the West Country;
- New terrace for Cafe offering superb countryside views and 80 additional covers
- New and improved educational facilities
- More parking with additional bays for blue badge holders;
We made improvements because…
- The new development will deliver significant positive benefits for both TCCT and Torbay:
- provide a great new destination for local people and visitors, a local food hub, year-round play facility and quality eatery;
- create of approximately 60 new jobs at Occombe;
- address a long-standing gap in Torbay’s visitor offer by providing a farm-based visitor attraction and thus encourage more people to visit, stay and spend in Torbay;
- provide new and improved educational opportunities for the Trust to tell children about the natural world, food and farming, sustainability and Torbay’s unique natural heritage;
- enable the Trust to better maintain and improve Torbay’s natural environment for the benefit of all;
- … and allow the Trust to provide more varied and better-supported volunteering opportunities.
We are fundraising to make this project happen and if you would like to contribute we would really like to hear from you. Email us:
If you’d like more information about our plans for Occombe download a copy of our project leaflet below or contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org