- This event has passed.
15th May 2022 from 10:00 am to 4:00 pmLocation: Berry Head
OTHER DATES FOR THIS EVENT…
Bookable events are payable in advance and non-refundable except upon cancellation of the event.
Read our full terms and conditions.
Learn how to make digital photographs of Berry Head’s wildlife and coastal landscapes with Phil Hemsley.
A fantastic opportunity, this Spring, to photograph the vibrant flowers, trees and wildlife here. With a mixture of classroom and lots of field-based activities – ensuring you get the most from your camera, also discovering how to get close to your subject using field-craft techniques. Berry Head National Nature Reserve provides a great mixture of wildlife, nature and geology to photograph – including flying birds, sea mammals, woodland, wildflowers and soaring cliffs with far-reaching vistas.
· Sunday 15th May – 10.00am – 4.00pm
Suitable for: Adults 18 years +
Meeting point: Berry Head Artillery Store.
Equipment you need to bring:
• A digital SLR camera/ or a Compact System Camera (CSC) / Bridge camera or ‘High-End’ compact (with Aperture & Time value controls)
• Wide-angle lens / something like an 18-55mm (on cropped sensor digital SLR) would be fine and a telephoto lens if you have one… we can work with what you have, so don’t worry
• Zoom / telephoto lens (optional)
• Polarizer (highly recommended)
• Graduated neutral density filters (recommended)
• Walking boats or comfy and sturdy wellies
• Waterproof jacket + trousers + warm clothes (e.g. fleeces / thermal layers)
• Food – snacks, a bottle of water and a packed lunch