Our Plan for a New Occombe
Torbay Coast & Countryside Trust (TCCT) is thrilled to unveil plans for an exciting all-weather visitor destination at Occombe Farm.
The regenerated Occombe will incorporate a mix of indoor and outdoor play and activities alongside a much larger farm shop, improved café and flexible activity space with new rental units; providing a year-round destination.
Summary of New Development Proposals
- New farm visitor attraction with rare breeds and indoor barn for small and young animals
- An innovative countryside themed play barn, with adventure play for children, incorporating a new party room.
- Outdoor play to include a massive Jumping Pillow – fun and exercise for all.
- Bigger and better farm shop with a huge range of West Country produce and quality gifts.
- Refurbished Café with new terrace offering superb countryside views.
- Community Barn Studio providing space for classes, parties and events.
- Long Term Rental Studios for complementary businesses (eg. micro-brewery, health spa, beauty salon).
- New and improved educational facilities.
- More parking with six bays for blue badge holders, two electric charging bays plus a covered and secure cycle store.
- New and improved welfare and baby changing facilities throughout.
We are making these improvements because…
- The proposed new development will deliver significant positive benefits for both the Trust and Torbay...
- Provide a great new destination for local people and visitors, a local food hub, year-round play facility and quality eatery;
- Creation of up to 60 new jobs at Occombe;
- Address a long-standing gap in Torbay’s visitor offer by providing a farm-based visitor attraction and thus encourage more people to visit, stay and spend in Torbay;
- Provide new and improved educational opportunities for the Trust to tell children about the natural world, food and farming, sustainability and Torbay’s unique natural heritage;
- Generate significant additional revenue for the Trust to: replace lost funding and allow the Trust to rebuild lost capacity; enable the Trust to better maintain and improve Torbay’s natural environment for the benefit of all; and allow the Trust to provide more varied and better-supported volunteering opportunities;
We are fundraising to make this project happen and if you would like to contribute we would really like to hear from you. Email us: [email protected]
If you'd like more information about our plans for Occombe visit our Project Exhibition at Occombe Farm.