Bursaries available for teacher training
Published: 16 January 2015
Type: over 9 months (90 hours learning), 1 week long residential
Category: Training course
Starting date: 2nd March 2015
Do you want to take the 2014 curriculum outside and learn the knowledge and skills to teach on your local coast, develop and deliver an exciting and unique educational programme for your school and be supported throughout the process. Then become a Sea Green School®
The benefits to your school are:
- Receive support to develop professionally, broadening your skills and gaining confidence in teaching outdoors
- Develop your own innovative outdoor learning programme specifically for your school
- Use existing activities to deliver many aspects of the 2014 curriculum in the coastal environment
- Receive expert guidance and advice from experienced outdoor educators, trainers and assessors
- Develop and deepen your pupils’ connection with the natural world
If your school decides to become a Sea Green School® you will be affiliated to Torbay Coast and Countryside Trust (TCCT). This means you will be offered a free consultation in setting up your unique programme linking it to the 2014 curriculum; invited back to a yearly update and ideas workshop; given a full range of learning resources that have all been linked to the 2014 curriculum. In addition the award will also offer your children the opportunity to gain a TCCT accredited award.
To become a Sea Green School® you need to get your teachers trained as Sea Green Leaders with the Sea Green Leader Qualification. This Level 3 vocational qualification:
- is made up of 3 units covering health and safety outdoors, Sea Green School® activities and marine ecology and conservation
- is accredited through APT Awards
- takes 9 months to complete, including 90 hours of total learning (37 hours completed during a 1 week residential) and distance learning through TCCT’s online learning portal
- includes full support from your personal assessor and trainer
- get a Sea Green School ‘course reader’ to take back to school full of classroom and outdoor learning activities with comprehensive cross-curricular links to the 2014 National Curriculum.
Sea Green School® training is delivered exclusively by Torbay Coast and Countryside Trust.
The training package usually costs £1,170 but via TCCT bursaries for Teachers, a limited number of places are available at a fantastic discounted rate of 40% off, including the residential, if you book by 16th February 2015.
(To apply email: [email protected])