- This event has passed.
Tue 1st Aug from 10:00 am to Tue 29th Aug from 12:00 pm|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Tuesday, repeating until 22nd August 2023Location: Occombe Farm
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Tuesday, repeating until 22nd August 2023
OTHER DATES FOR THIS EVENT…
- Tuesday, July 25, 2023
- Tuesday, August 1, 2023
- Tuesday, August 8, 2023
- Tuesday, August 15, 2023
- Tuesday, August 22, 2023
Bookable events are payable in advance and non-refundable except upon cancellation of the event.
Read our full terms and conditions.
Kids! Come on a Forest School adventure! Explore Occombe’s own woodland Nature Trail with wild, fun and inspirational activities. Connecting children with their natural environment through hands-on fun activities. There’s five different sessions, each covering something new and exciting. Fire lighting, den building, nature discovery, cookery and more.
Our sessions all support play, exploration and supported risk-taking. All things to help develop confidence, self-esteem and learn new skills through first-hand experience in a beautiful natural setting.
- 25th July – Woodland Team Games. “The Floor is Lava”, “Capture the Flag”, splashing in puddles, rolling in leaves and making mud pies! A fun introduction to the woodland nature trail at Occombe Farm.
- 1st August – Fire lighting & Marshmallow Toasting. Learn about fire lighting through this safe and supported experience. Kids will make a fire, learn about fire safety and safe fire lighting skills. Once lit we’ll all sit around it toasting marshmallows and celebrating all our hard work.
- 8th August – Woodland Den Building. Kids love building dens! They’ll learn basic den-building techniques deep in the woodland. We’ll try and make them weather proof using the materials foraged in the woods.
- 15th August – Nature Discovery. With pooters, we’ll catch invertebrates from the woodland. Sweep nets will help us uncover hiding insects. We’ll explore for footprints to identify what animals are playing in the woods. A fun nature adventure!
- 22nd August – Pizza Making. This Forest School takes place inside Occombe Cookery School. Kids will learn about bread and cook up a delicious pizza using picks from our own kitchen garden. Makes they will bring home to show you and share. Yum!
Suitable for children 8 – 16yrs. Children can be left in our care and will be supervised and supports at all times.
We can accommodate differently abled children and our free accompanying carer offer applies. Please contact us so we can discuss any additional needs and requirements prior to attending. Normal admission terms apply: Click for more
Booking essential. Follow the link!