Trainee Country Park Ranger - Cockington
Part Time - 30 hours a week. 9 - 12 month placement
Would you like to:
- Learn and gain experience in a land-based sector?
- Gain a range of transferable skills?
- Contribute to the care of an historic country park?
Becoming a Trainee Country Park Ranger, is a fantastic opportunity to discover your potential, gain new skills and confidence, which may help you to build your career path. This opportunity could well be the next step into gaining employment in this diverse and exciting sector.
You will help us deliver the continued rejuvenation of Cockington Country Park and all our Trainee Country Park Rangers enjoy:
- Free shared accommodation with WIFI, in a restored 16th century Gamekeepers Cottage, in the heart of the park
- £1,000 training budget
- Use of a wide range of machinery; strimmer, hedge trimmer, mowers, chainsaw and leaf blower
- Assisting with grass cutting, maintaining paths and park furniture
- Looking after a conservation area’s landscape
- Helping lead volunteer groups and engage with visitors
- And gaining hands on, relevant experience that potential employers are looking for to help your transition into your desired role in conservation and land management.
For further details and to apply; http://www.countryside-trust.org.uk/about-tcct/vacancies
Closing Date: 23 September 2019
Interview Date: 26 September 2019
Salary: Voluntary with accommodation provided and £1,000 training budget